No matter what point you are starting from, you can add ease, comfort, and enjoyment to your yard or garden by using native and adapted plants.
- Plan and Design - Start with the end in mind
- Reduce Turf – Less means More
- Soil – Organic matter is key
- Planting – Right Plant, Right Place
- Mulch – About 3 inches around beds and trees
- Water-Wise - Efficient irrigation will save you money
- Maintenance - Avoid excessive pruning
Check out our 7 Steps to a Smart Yard flyer to learn more about creating a beautiful landscape that requires less water and maintenance than a "traditional" yard. Or visit our Design Tools section. If you would like to learn in person, check out our events page to find a class near you.